This is the official start of Round 1, the Rival Match. The judges pick two teams to compete using the same theme. Then the judges pick which group performed the theme the best. The winning team will get additional votes.
There’s no eliminations during Round 1 or Round 2, but the amount of votes they get will determine if they get eliminated or move on to Round 3.
My favorite performances from episode 3
- Team 23:00 (DGNA) performing ‘Shine’ by Pentagon. They competed in the Cool and Refreshing theme. I love how they were able to have a bright youthful performance. It was so fun.
- Team 18:00 (BDC) performing ‘Beautiful Beautiful’ by ONF. They also competed in the Cool and Refreshing theme. I think they did the song justice. I loved their energy from start to finish. They had steady vocals while doing the choreography.
- Team 11:00 (VANNER) performing ‘Love Killa’ by Monsta X. They competed in the Sexy theme. I loved the gentleman vibe they had.
- Team 24:00 performing ‘Good Boy Gone Bad’ by TXT. They also competed in the Sexy theme. This was the first time team 24:00 performed together and they did great.
- Team 13:00 (BAE173) performing ‘LA SONG’ by Rain. They competed in the Solo theme. This was my top favorite performance of episode 3. I think Team 13:00 gave an award show worthy stage. I loved it.
Check out my Peak Time After Show for additional commentary and rewatch all the performances from episode 3 with me.
What is Peak Time?
JTBC Peak Time 피크타임 is a South Korean competition show, giving struggling Kpop groups a second chance. Peak Time MC is Lee SeungGi. The judges are Kyuhyun from SUPER JUNIOR. Tiffany Young from Girls’ Generation. Jay Park, singer, rapper, producer. Lee Gikwang from Highlight (BEAST). Kim Sungkyu from INFINITE. Moonbyul from MAMAMOO. Jaewon Shim performance director in SM Entertainment. Ryan Jhun hit kpop producer.